We have all heard the comment, "it’s the thought that counts", and in so many ways that is true. Because if you are trying to get cute ideas on ways to say I love you to your husband or boyfriend it shows you care. Sometimes guys won’t notice the little things that you do in expressing your love for them, (sometimes the gals miss them as well). Keep in mind that it’s not so much the amount or the efforts of your love expressions, but it’s the essence of those expressions. In other words be yourself and love them from your heart, but at the same time show them the affection where they need it emotionally.
Men have different emotional needs than women do, so to externally express your love to your man requires that meet your man at the level of his affectional needs. For a majority of men this means saying I love you through physical intimacy, (for those who are married). For those who are not married, you need to continue building a foundation of friendship. There are many other ways to love your guy in manners that he should take notice of and be able to appreciate. You need to understand and know him at a level that will enable you to meet him in his love forum. Before you go out looking for those cute love ideas that you think are so special, consider obtaining feedback from him. You may want to surprise him, however you can still engage him in conversation to find out the types of things he enjoys and then bring those ideas into your considerations.
Most guys like to do guy things, there may be many things that you can do together that you know he will enjoy. Sure there may be some things that will bring him joy that you may not be so thrilled about. But, remember the idea here is to express love and affection to him, so you may need to sacrifice a little. Consider the smile you bring to his face, the happiness you bring to him should leave you with a feeling of fulfillment. Sharing in his joys, doing some things that he likes to do is certainly a significant way of loving him. Many men enjoy sporting events, you could surprise him with some tickets and join him in the fun. Perhaps your man enjoys playing sporting activities such as tennis, golf, or bowling? Sometimes it is you that needs to get in the game! If you can not physically join in, you can always be his most supportive fan.
The most significant ways to love your husband, (or boyfriend), are associated with how you treat him. A man needs a supportive woman, a woman who stands beside him and encourages him. Remember that it was God that decided that it was not good for man to be alone, that he needed a partner. Most men have ego’s and they need to be stroked with comments of loving affirmation. Confidence building comments are certainly a significant way of showing him love, especially in the presence of friends or family. Please don’t misunderstand here, you should not set out to flatter him, but to build him up in his true qualities. Alternatively so, you should always avoid any comments that demonstrate a lack of respect, love builds up. Nagging, belittling, criticizing, and degrading comments will not motivate him, but it will fill your relationship with strife and discontentment. Besides if you are always whining about what he is not doing, then you may need to do some self introspection, (to see what it is in you that you need to take ownership of). Honesty without compassion is cruelty.
There are certainly many cute ways of loving your husband or boyfriend, however to do this you need to have an otherness mindset, love is otherness. This does not mean that you can not add your own creative flare to it, you can, and you should, that is what makes the love coming from you so original. Maybe you enjoy cooking or baking, perhaps you can make up his favorite dish or dessert in the shape of a heart, engraving his name on top of it. You might surprise him one day with his favorite heart shaped cookies or cupcakes in his lunch box, engraving his name on them individually. Imagine the affirmation and love that he would feel when he sees them and shows them to his co-workers!
In many relationships couples often become familiar with the things that their spouses do for them out of love, and they loose appreciation. Many wives cook daily for their husbands, they clean clothes, keep the house neat and tidy, and somehow it all gets lost in the wash. Well there is no use of sitting back and focusing on the breakdowns when you can instigate some breakthroughs. Get in loves offensive position, meet him at his 10 yard line, then go for the touchdown!
A gift opens the way for the giver and ushers him into the presence of the great. Proverbs 18:16
Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear. Ephesians 4:29
A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay to his bones. Proverbs 12:4
A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. Proverbs 15:30
Ways to Say "I Love You"
- Don't compare them to anyone.
- Be courteous at all times.
- Embrace the present moments without fear or guilt.
- Live by the Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have them do unto you).
- Say "I love you" by giving your full attention when talking.
- Become their biggest fan and cheerleader!
- Toast each other over breakfast or dinner to say I love you.
- Tell them how they bring love to your life.
- Laugh about kids quotes on love or events.
- Talk about your dayduring mealtimes.
- Read books aloud together.
- Say you're sorry.
- Recall good and bad memories.
- Let go of the past to say "I love you."
- Do nothing together.
- Encourage health in all its forms.
- Trust your partner enough to cry together.
- Act silly together.
- Be lavish in praise.
- Ask questions about opinions, feelings, thoughts.
- To say I love you, forget about labels.
- Encourage adventures and risks!
- Remember: there is one best way to say "I love you"!
- Show your joy when they come home.
- Bake cookies.
- Leave stress at work to say "I love you."
- Use flannel sheets in the winter.
- Solve problems together - such as crosswords or Suduku.
- Show your gratitude for them.
- Be a good sounding board.
- To say I love you, take pride in them -- and show it.
- Compliment them in front of others.
- Spend time with them.
- Ask for hugs and kisses.
- Take vacations together.
- Tell the truth to say I love you.
- Use pet names to say "I love you."
- Practice self-acceptance.
- Hunt for treasure together.
- Be interested in their interests.
- To say I love you, let go of jealousy.
- Accept their weaknesses and flaws.
- Ditch work or responsibilities to play with them.
- Be yourself.
- Share chocolates, ice cream sundaes, milkshakes.
- To say "I love you", ignore slights.
- Pray or meditate together.
- Practice forgiveness.
- Watch classic movies together.
- Leave notes or send letters.
- To say I love you, buy a "for no reason at all" gift.
- Don't gossip or judge.
- Give the benefit of the doubt to say I love you.
- Give space when they're in a bad or sad mood.
- Learn something new together.
- Go dancing.
- Keep your promises to say I love you.
- Make them laugh.
- Consider their feelings.
- Learn ways to rekindle the romance.
- Hide a treat in their lunch.
- To say "I love you," make home a fun place to be.
- Let them make their own decisions.
- Say what you mean when you say I love you. Say why.
Saying I love you takes work. It's hard to be honest, and it's hard to accept the consequences of your honesty and authenticity. It takes time, energy, and commitment to stay connected through all the problems that life and people bring. It can be painful, aggravating, and scary to stick it out through all the ups and downs....but the alternative is worse.
| || |
Price: $13.59 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
Popular Facebook Groups
| || || || |
|My Relationship||My Teenagers||My Pets||My iPad||AT&T, T-mobile Deals|