Some of the following tips apply to first dates while others apply to dating during a relationship. Either way, these tips will help you make the most of your dating experiences:
1. Listen to your parents. You may think Mom and Dad are "old school" but that's just because they have been around a little longer than you have. They even dated a time or two before they married each other. Listen to what they have to say; they might surprise you.
2. Make sure your parents are okay with the date and okay with the guy. If you want your parents to trust you and to like the guy you are dating, the best thing you can do is make sure they are comfortable with you going out with him. Make sure they know where you are going, when you will be back, how you are getting there, and whom you are going with. Have your date come to the door to pick you up and at least say hello to your parents.
3. Make sure you and your date are not giving or receiving mixed signals. Do you think you are going out as just friends? Does he? Is this a "real" date? Both parties need to know what the other one has in mind. If it's just a friends thing, you should offer to pay your own way.
4. Don't accept gifts on a first date or from a guy you are not really interested in. Doing so sends the wrong signals, and may very well lead the guy on. Unless you are truly interested in having a relationship, politely decline and thank him for the nice gesture.
5. If you do not know your date well, go on a double date or a group date. It's not a great idea to be completely alone with someone you barely know. For one thing, you will be more nervous. For another thing, it can be dangerous. If you cannot arrange a double date or a group date, agree to meet the guy in a busy, public. Have your parents or friends drop you off and pick you up. Do not arrive or leave alone.
6. Never agree to something that makes you uncomfortable. This includes everything from going to a gory movie you don't want to see, to giving in to a guy's advances. You are in control of your actions and your body. Be honest about how you feel. If he does not respond in an understanding way, he cares more about himself than he does about you, and it's better for you to find out now.
7. No date is perfect. If you start out with extremely high expectations, you may end up disappointed. Try to relax. Just let the evening flow and see what happens. Don't expect him to say or do just the right things according to some romantic script you and your friends developed. He can't read your mind. Just be yourself, let him be himself, and enjoy the date for what it is.
8. Try to get along with his friends. One thing that can destroy a relationship quickly is making someone choose between you and his friends. In most cases, he's been with his friends longer and it won't work out well for you. If he really likes you, he'll try to balance both relationships. If so, you need to try to be accommodating.
9. Never try to make someone give up interests or dreams for you. Ultimatums are a bad idea; they're also unfair. If he has been playing football since he was old enough to walk, he is not likely to give it up just because you say so. If he does give it up for you, he will be unhappy and will eventually resent you.
10. Call Mom or Dad if necessary. You may think that trying to handle a situation on your own is the "grown up" thing to do, but some situations can get out of control. If your date has been drinking, if he becomes aggressive or violent, or if you are uncomfortable in any way, call someone to come and get you.
Top 10 speed dating tip
1) Laugh and the world laughs with you
Having a good time is infectious and who doesn't love being around positive, upbeat people. Spread good feelings and get yourself into the right state of mind for making a fast impression. Focus on positive things and keep the conversation fun, light and frothy. Feel good about yourself and you'll find people will be drawn to you.
2) Give clear signals
Sorry girls but its true, a large number of men are notoriously bad at interpreting signals from women. Smiling and happy gestures may just mean you're a friendly kinda girl. Avoid sticky situations by knowing what you want when you flirt and make sure your signals are clear. If you genuinely want to meet guys then by all means flirt, just make sure you know how to separate the sexual flirting signals from the 'hi, I'm friendly' flirting signals.
3) The big freeze; a major turn off
Make sure you look friendly. Sitting like an ice queen will not attract people to you and you may unconsciously be giving out 'no no' signals when secretly you are lusting for someone to approach you. Check what you are giving off and if it's not getting results you want, adjust it. Why not ask friends to give you some feedback.
4) Even Kylie Minogue gets rejected!
Sometimes things don't work out for whatever reason. The reality is that everyone has experienced rejection in one area of their life. Don't dwell on negative responses, instead look out for compliments, take them in and shrug off rejection.
5) Ooze appeal
One simple rule of thumb for any outfit is that if your mother would wear it, you shouldn't. If you look in the mirror and think, "Do I look ridiculous in this?" lets face it - you probably do. But most importantly, if you feel sexy you'll come across that way too. If you feel happy and confident then you'll be oozing appeal!
6) Let your body do the talking
What is the secret behind a woman's mesmerising effect on males? Flirting with style. We can all do it. We just need to learn the secrets. The good news? The ability to flirt is innate; it's about confidence and being able to sensually inhabit your body. The other key is understanding body language. Us girls may worry about what we say but in fact it's our bodies that do most of the talking. Communication is 60 percent non-verbal and only 40 percent verbal. So watch what your body is saying. Researchers say you can heighten your powers of attraction by about 70 percent if you can improve your body talk.
7) Reveal your sexy glow
If you like the guy sitting opposite you then slightly copy his body language and style of behaviour and they will feel you are in synch with them. Pull yourself up to your full height and lean slightly forward, turning your body to face their's more directly, and keep physical barriers to a minimum; don't cross your arms like a fortress.
Most importantly, emanate a look of vitality. Appear energetic, luminous even. Imagine you have just had an amazing romp and have a sexy glow about you.
8) Emulate Marylin Monroe
Confidence is probably the most attractive of all traits. Give yourself a pep talk before you go out and tell yourself you are fabulous. If you believe it, it will be true.
If you need a little help in the confidence department, fake it till you make it. Find a role model you can emulate, think Madonna or Marylin Monroe. Imagine how that person would act, feel and move. Think of what qualities make her attractive and how she expresses these physically when she moves and talks.
9) Listen up ladies
The most underrated flirting skill is simply listening. Men love talking about themselves. They like being the centre of attention. Ask open-ended questions — that is, questions that can't be answered by a yes or no answer. Lower your chin, look him in the eyes and nod as he speaks — make him feel like the most interesting and amusing man alive.
10) Read his signs
So ... think you've met your speed-dating match? If you're wondering whether the hottie you've had your eye on all night is also just as in to you. It's time to read the signs ..
- Think he's interested? Notice a few of these signs and you're probably right:
- Looks at you
- Moves his body to face you
- Adjusts his tie
- Slight movement of the pelvis backward
- Leans towards you
- Smiles whilst looking
- Adopts an open body posture
| || |
Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!
Popular Facebook Groups
| || || || |
|My Relationship||My Teenagers||My Pets||My iPad||AT&T, T-mobile Deals|